Sunday, September 05, 2010


Sunset over Lake Washington
Originally uploaded by doug_r


I had my little Panasonic GF-1 with the 20mm (40mm equivalent) f`.7 lens on it and no tripod, so no messing around with wide angle lenses, polarizers, long exposures with very small apertures, or graduated ND filters. Still, I'm fairly happy with this turned out. Took out some boats and buoys in Photoshop to cut down on the distraction in the water. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably have shot with about a 28 to 35mm focal length to get more sky; I'd polarize it and use a true grad ND and a small aperture to get a nice long exposure to even out the texture of the water. Of course then the ducks wouldn't be in focus. One makes the image one can given the tools, the light and the scene one has, I suppose. At any rate, kind of fun.

No comments: